15736 Los Gatos Blvd, Los Gatos, CA | Directions 9503237.239791 -121.960791
I have to review the previous reviewer. That reviewer didn't say he refused to pay the costs of his project. That happened when Nu Design couldn't get around problems with the reviewer's lot size and problems with his septic system. Nu Design didn't create those problems, but it was blamed when the customer didn't get what he wanted. Nu Design did bounce a check. It forgot to transfer some funds before issuing a check. But Nu Design didn't charge the customer for its error. Problems? Yes. With Nu Design? No. A customer who is unhappy when he can't have what he wants even tho it's not Nu Design causing the problem.
The worst company I have dealt with in my entire life. What a 10-month disaster! – If you haven't yet hired Nu-Design to do any work, then congratulations -- you just dodged a bullet. For those unlucky folks (like me) who didn't read all the consumer warnings and negative online reviews until AFTER we gave Nu-Design our money, here's some helpful advice. ( I only wish I could have read this post before we gave them thousands of dollars for a down payment on a project that never got started.) And hey, this advice is free! Unlike ME, you don't have to hire a lawyer at $225/hr for these few jewels of wisdom.
1. When they say they've bought materials for the project, make sure to see the receipt to verify they actually bought materials for YOUR project with the cash you gave them.
2. Don't take their word that they actually paid. Call the vendor to make sure. Also, make sure that your contract states that you won't be responsible for bounced check fees when Nu-Design bounces checks to the vendor.
3. Request an architect that can actually draw plans. When Nu-design's drawings come back from the county building permit office with notes like "unreadable" and "unusable" in all over them, demand they use a new architect, instead of the one that does most of their work.
4. Make sure the contract has an end date. They may say that a project will take 3 months, but you (and your lawyer) will want some sort of coverage in case they take your down payment and then don't break ground or even produce building permits or materials within nine months.
5. I have found these statements to be completely false every time they are said to me. If you actually hired Nu-Design, they'll all sound really familiar. Believe them at your own risk.
a. We have building permits.
b. Um, we will have permits as soon as one tiny problem is fixed.
c. I've ordered the *fill-in-the-blank* and they'll be in soon.
I hope that someone out there googling the phrase "nu-design complaint law suit" will find this review helpful.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Nu Design on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.